Sunday, December 15, 2013

Day 3 - How much water do I need to drink daily?

We all know that old adage that we should drink 8 cups of water per day, right?

Well, as a vegan I struggle with that number. I never seem to drink enough. I'm hardly ever thirsty, which I totally contribute to my clean eating and getting water from the fruits and veggies, but I still want to drink enough water. What usually ends up happening is I drink maybe 1 glass during the day and then a couple hours from bedtime, I realize that I only drank 1 glass, which leaves me an hour or two to drink the rest of the water.

Normally, I get to about cup 6. Not enough.

So I already know I need to improve, but I wondered today, is that old saying even right? Is 8 the magic number for everyone? From what I researched...No. This is not the magic number and in fact it is too little.

Great.......

The water that a person needs depends on things like your weight (if you weigh more, you need more water), your physical activities (if you workout more, you need more water) but the Internet gods said on average, woman need at least 9 glasses and men need 10.

So here is my daily pledge. I am going to try to drink 9 glasses of water daily. I will need to be aware that I need to drink my water throughout the day so I am not left with 7 cups of water to drink in an hour before bed. :)

Starting on Day 4, I am going to start adding how much water I drank in my daily report so you can belittle me if I fail to drink my 9 glasses.

DAILY REPORT.

Breakfast.

Fruit Smoothie - 2 Bananas, some frozen fruit. I used to use juice in my smoothies, but I omitted it one day and it still comes out great so no more juice for me.

Lunch.

Vegan Sushi with Sriracha. I got it from the grocery store. It's actually really good and the Japanese man behind the counter who has a name tag that says his name is Steve, is always so happy to see me. He waves at me and this past summer, he went out of his way to tell me that he was going to be taking a trip to Japan, and he wouldn't be at the sushi stand for about 3 weeks. I pretend he is my friend. Oh, and an apple with peanut butter.

Dinner.

Well, I made soup. My hope was that it would be delicious, and I would share the recipe but alas, it was not that great so no recipe for you. It has been my quest, to find a homemade soup that I like and would be my go to recipe, but I just can't find it.  So, broccoli soup and an Amy's garden California burger with spinach and black bean hummus.

Snack.

Massive Orange again.

EXERCISE.

Rest day. I just took it easy today. I also had company over all day so there wasn't really any time.

PS.

If anyone struggles with after dinner cravings, for me, the oranges have been a life savor. Whenever I get that craving to go raid the refrigerator, I just grab an orange and after, I am satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment